MSFS_Nordics_NoSnipe_Logo_1920x10801920×1080 337 KB
The virtual world in Microsoft’s Flight Simulator is getting its latest major update, one with a focus on Europe’s Nordic countries of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden. Renowned for its natural splendor and architectural wonder, this region has been rendered in its most realistic fidelity yet in World Update V: Nordics.
Simmers can take to the northern European sky and explore vast fjords, intriguing urban vistas, domineering peaks, and centuries-old castles from within the cockpit. World Update V: Nordics includes improvements in detail of broad swaths of landscapes, enhancements to regional architecture, improved data for 100 airports and 77 carefully selected points of interest. The update also has five bush trips, one for each of the Nordic countries, that show off some of the very best of these destinations.
This latest update also includes five landing challenges designed to test and hone aviation mettle throughout a range of conditions. The airports used for the landing challenges, Denmark’s Bornholm, Iceland’s Ísafjörður, Sweden’s Stockholm Arlanda, Norway’s Svalbard, and Finland’s Vaasa, have all been carefully replicated by hand for maximum realism.
World Update V: The Nordics is available FREE to all Microsoft Flight Simulator users. Be sure your simulator is up to date first, then visit the Marketplace to download the Nordic Countries Bundle, and get ready to immerse yourself in this magnificent part of the world!
- Some packages in your community folder may not have been updated and, as a result, may have an unexpected impact on the title’s performance and behavior. Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from stability issues or long loading times.
- Open the Microsoft Store or Steam application (whichever you use to play the sim) and download the launcher update for the some. More in-depth guide here 7.
- Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator and install the in-game content update.
- Once in the sim, head to the Marketplace and download the free content update for The Nordics.
Release-Notes-Banner1164×224 38.1 KB
RELEASE NOTES 220.127.116.11
- New localization languages have been added (Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish)
- Updated aerial imagery in parts of the Nordic countries
- Updated elevation data for Norway, Denmark, Finland and French oversea territories (La Réunion, Mayotte, Saint-Barthelemy, Saint-Martin, Martinique, Guadeloupe, Guyane and Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon)
- Watermasks have been updated at various locations
- New AIRAC cycle 2106 has been implemented
- Fixed an issue preventing users from requesting fuel trucks on airports with fuel pumps but without ground equipment parking
POINTS OF INTEREST
|Point of Interest||Location|
|Copenhagen Opera House||Denmark|
|Frogner Park / Sculptures||Denmark|
|Men at Sea||Denmark|
|Ceres Park, Aarhus||Denmark|
|Aalborg Stadium, Aalborg||Denmark|
|Blue Water Arena, Esbjerg||Denmark|
|Parken Stadium, Copenhagen||Denmark|
|Petäjävesi Old Church||Finland|
|Bolt Arena / Helsinki Ice Hall||Finland|
|Helsinki Olymic Stadium, Helsinki||Finland|
|Heddal Stave Church||Norway|
|Urnes Stave Church||Norway|
|Oslo Opera House||Norway|
|Pulip Rock / Preikestolen||Norway|
|Royal Palace, Oslo||Norway|
|Brann Stadion, Bergen||Norway|
|Intility Arena, Oslo||Norway|
|Lerkendal Stadion, Trondheim||Norway|
|Sparebanken Sǿr Arena, Kristiansand||Norway|
|Ullevaal Stadion, Oslo||Norway|
|Viking Stadion / SR-Bank, Stavanger||Norway|
|Church of Holy Trinity||Sweden|
|Storkyrkan Stockholm Cathedral||Sweden|
|Höga Kusten Bridge||Sweden|
|Helsinki Ice Hall||Sweden|
|Royal Swedish Opera||Sweden|
|Stockholm City Hall||Sweden|
|Boras Arena, Broas||Sweden|
|Eleda Stadion, Malmö||Sweden|
|Friends Arena, Stockholm||Sweden|
|Guldfageln Arena, Kamlar||Sweden|
|Tele2 Arena, Stockholm||Sweden|
|Svinesund Bridge||Sweden / Norway|
Improved Airport data on 99 airportsENKJ
The Microsoft Flight Simulator Team
The virtual world in Microsoft’s Flight Simulator is getting its latest major update, one with a focus on Europe’s Nordic countries of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden. Renowned for its natural splendor and architectural wonder, this region has been rendered in its most realistic...